All functionality, features, specifications, and other product
information provided in this document, including but not limited to,
benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability,
and capabilities of the product are subject to change without
notice. Samsung reserves the right to alter this document or the
product described herein at any time, without obligation to provide
notification of such changes. This document is intended for
informational purposes. You can download a copy of your
product’s user manual at https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/.
If you don’t understand the information provided in this document or have any
doubts about the safety of the repair, call a qualified technician or
Samsung support for help.
Precautions for Repair
Samsung is not liable for any damage or defect determined to be
caused by repair by a non-authorized service provider, self-repair
or non-professional repair of the product. Samsung is not liable
for any resulting damage to the product, person, or property, or
any injury or other product safety issue caused by any attempt to
repair the product by any person other than a Samsung-
authorized service provider.
Any damage or defect to product resulting from a repair, or an
attempt to repair, the product by any person other than a
Samsung certified service provider will not be covered by the
• Residual voltage within certain printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) parts could cause electric shock. Prior to handling PCBA's refer to the repair guide for detailed disassembly instructions, and conduct the prescribed residual voltage discharge process.
• Use only demagnetized tools that are specifically designed for
electronic repairs, as most electronic parts are sensitive to electromagnetic forces.
• Use only high quality screwdrivers when servicing devices. Low
quality screwdrivers can easily damage the heads of screws.
• Always use genuine replacement parts. Third-party replacement
parts may not function properly.
• Some parts, such as speakers, and other components, may
need calibration to guarantee their performance after repair.
• Before conducting repairs, remember to make backup copies of
all important data stored in the device.
• Make sure to wear the appropriate safety equipment before
carrying out repairs. Samsung is not responsible for injuries that
may occur due to not wearing the proper safety equipment. Refer
to Tools for Repair for a list of tools that you will need for
assembling and disassembling the product.
• Repair the product in a safe place.
• Before repairing the product, make sure the product is turned
off. To turn off the product, press the Power (ON/OFF) Button.
Unplug product from power sources before attempting repairs.
• If the product is damaged, emits smoke, or if you smell
something burning, stop using the product immediately and
• It is recommended to use safety equipment such as glasses,
gloves, and a mask when repairing the product.
• Be careful not to damage the product when removing the back
cover or accessing internal components.
• Before assembly, check if there are any abnormalities before
reattaching the back cover.
• Visit www.samsung.com to view the product information, related
material, and safety information.
ESD (Electrostatically Sensitive Devices)
Many semiconductors and ESDs in electronic product are
particularly sensitive to static discharge and can be easily
damaged by it. Always be sure that equipment is properly
grounded and that you follow proper grounding procedures before
beginning any repair procedure.
• Make sure to discharge static in the work environment before
opening packages containing ESDs.
• Increase the airflow to the work area to decrease the chance of
accidental static electricity discharges, as the potential for static
electricity discharge may be increased in low-humidity
environments, such as air-conditioned rooms.
• Improper grounding can result in ESD damage to electronic
Warning: situations that could cause injury to yourself or other
Caution: situations that could cause damage to your product or
Notice: notes, usage tips, or additional information